Preparation time: 20 minutes Baking time: 40 minutes
- 5g finely ground sencha
- 10g caster sugar
- 90g caster sugar
- 2tbsp hot water
- 120g plain flour
- 5g baking powder
- 40g plain yogurt
- 60g extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180degree fan forced. Grease and line 18x8x8cm pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift finely ground sencha, sugar (10g) and add hot water; mix until smooth.
- In another bowl, shift flour, baking powder and sugar (90g); add yogurt and oil.
- Beat eggs and fold in flour mixture; add vanilla essence.
- Fold gently half the mixture into green tea mixture.
- Coat bottom of greased pan with original mixture; pour all green tea mixture on top; pour remaining original mixture.
- Stick a chopstick at corner of pan; move chopstick to other side by drawing a wave.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Tip: Do not move a chopstick too much. Otherwise, you will end up with a green cake instead of a marble cake.